Sunday, March 7, 2010

contd...

Well, skipping the before journey toil(may be for a later post !), I set my self up for the biggest adventure of my life...and headed into the unknown for an exchange semester in Norway!!
My friends were agast (u crazy?? all alone?? no one from here has been there before!! its freaking cold man!! no daylight!!soo expensive!!! u have gone nuts :P) and then there was this impeding question of why Norway? Well well...I have chosen one of the best business school in Europe which is perhaps better than the numero uno school in my country. Each year, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) produces the Human Development Report, which ranks the countries of the world according to such factors as income, education and life expectancy. In 2009 UNDP ranked Norway as the best country in the world to live in, for the ninth year in a row (UNDP statistics). Meanwhile as my country is ranked 134th...wont it be nice to experience how is it to live in such a place??
The truth was I never thought all this, Norway was painted in my young mind as a fairytale land from a very long time. Long since my uncle had been there, almost about a decade ago, I was awed by this land of mid night sun..I wanted to be there, to feel its air, to put my feet on that snow covered ground, to roam free in those endless nights of the cold winter, to get lost in those deep forests and sail through those breathtaking fjords...yes thats why I decided to go to Norway...my Forks from Twilight!!
And strangely enough all the while I was busy preparing for my journey I never thought about how it would be or how will I manage to survive alone in that cold dark place..I just went along completing all the formalities..leaving everything on the future..

No comments:

Post a Comment